Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Make a Chalkboard from a Clipboard


Chalkboard spray paint is fun for many projects.  I reused this clipboard, and made a sign for our Farmer's Market.


I simply used painter's tape to mark off the space I wanted painted.  Then I tore painter's take to make a interesting edge line.  After 24 hours, I removed the tape.  


(Embellished with playing cards cut to make a "fringe" that are simply placed under the clip, netting from a lemon bag tied, one vintage clip earring, and one handmade vintage pin)

These "clipboard" chalkboards can be fun for more than just signs.  Hang one in our house for keeping a shopping list, for writing notes to each other or for reminders.  Keep one in the garden shed or barn too.  You could use it for a welcome sign as well.  Use one to write inspirational messages on.

*Follow instructions on the blackboard spray paint can when you created your recycled, reused S.C.R.A.P. project. 

You may also enjoy:



Chalkboard Spray Paint Project #1 


Working on a very large chalkboard project?  Or want to save a bit of money on chalkboard paint?  You can make your own.  Martha Stewart's recipe is shared here:  New Chalkboard Paint Ideas

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kristina,
I love all your ideas for chalk board paint. I painted one out of a vintage TV dinner tray. Going to try your clip board idea now too.