Sunday, May 6, 2012

Wine Cork Herb and Plant Markers

Items Needed:

~wooden skewers
~wine corks
~permanent marker

Simply gently twist one pointed end of the skewer into one end of the recycled wine cork.  Write the name of the plant/herb on the cork with a permanent marker. 

Typically I use a recycled popsicle stick, but today I thought it would be fun to do something different.  

We've also made garden markers using food can lids and nailing holes to spell out the plant/vegetable.  

I think these give the garden a fun look too.

Simple, frugal and fun!

Wooden skewers can be found in the baking or grilling sections of stores.  I have also found them in dollar stores.  

Note:  Instead of skewers, recycle any wire, or other items you may have around your home/farm. 

A friend shared this idea with us.



1 comment:

Denise said...

What a great idea for all those used canning lids I've been throwing away. Now I just have to remember to save them...and remember why I'm saving them LOL.