Monday, April 16, 2012

Mini Chalkboard Sign

Use an old metal tray to create new life from it.  Simply wash and dry the tray.

Purchase a can of Chalkboard spray paint and follow the directions on can for applying it.

 I used hooks for hangers, by applying a strong glue to the backside of the tray.  After it dried I tied on scrap twine.

 I used paint tape to cover the edges where I did not want the chalkboard paint.

Once your paint is dry, follow the directions for preparing it to use as a chalkboard.


This mini-chalkboard will be used for a door sign.  You could also use a small one for guests to write you a short note (when you are not home, out in the garden, or doing other outside work). 

 

2 comments:

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

oh I have a sign similar to this one... I used a cheap metal tray... I use it in my kitchen to leave an inspiring message for people that pass through the center of my home.

I get lots of comments on it. I like it. You'll love yours,too!

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

This is really cute :) :) I could use something like this for my dishwasher...clean or dirty for the dishes :) :) Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :) :) :)