Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Crocheted Towel Holder Ring .....with Vintage or Costume Jewelry







Recycle old jewelry for these towel rings (in place of a button).

Pins that have a clasp in the center of the back work the best, but most round 1 inch pins or slightly larger work well for these.

Glamp up a camper/tent or use these around the house.


I crocheted these fun towel holder rings using leftover yarns.  I cannot locate the pattern that I used, but here is a link to another version:  Basic Towel Ring

If I locate the pattern I used, I'll see if I can get permission to copy it or post a link.

You can easily recycle a ring from anything about 3 inches in diameter.  Otherwise you can purchase rings at most craft stores.
 A fun one for Christmas or Valentine's Day

Items Needed:
~3 inch metal ring (or recycle a ring), or use the above pattern
~yarn
~crochet hook (see pattern)
~scissors
~button or recycled pin (see photo)

Vintage pins and costume jewelry are fun ways to embellish towel holder rings. 

Note:  To attach pin simply slide your pin in from the front to back and then back in to the front and clasp it.

2 comments:

momto8 said...

adds such a pretty touch too!! I bet you there would be a market for this creation!!
I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

Katmom said...

oh how cute these are....